Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dear friend...



How have you been? 

I have noticed that you are a bit better but still trying to figure things out, did you think about what I wrote to you the last time? You were giving me hints that you already fell into one of the “substitutes” to eliminate loneliness; there is nothing to be ashamed of, but let’s try to find a more permanent solution agreed?
There is an obvious problem with trying to face loneliness by any of those means and it’s because they don’t last, if you have noticed once the initial “welfare sensation” pasts and leaves behind an even deeper hole in your soul, that is why you have the urge to do it  again and again and that is how we fail into addictions, -remember we were talking about emotional dependencies?- that is one of the many things that can “manage you” and all because you don’t want to feel alone.
I don’t want to spend more time trying to describe something that you may know very well, instead, I want to talk about what has helped me, because as you very well know I am also far from home.
The first thing I suggest you to do is to have a plan for your life; wait, wait , it is not as obvious as you think, you need to be very honest with yourself and plan your life seriously; life is not over because you finished college, and you don’t have to become another boring adult who is from work to home and backwards; make the decision to learn something new, save to travel somewhere, get something to look forward to, trust me, it will help you a lot.

Another thing you can do is to join a club, a sport team, a class of any type, so you can meet new people and start doing different activities with them, which leads me to the next thing you can do and is to make sure your agenda is busy; do not let space to laziness because it can lead you to think and over think simple facts of your life.

And the last thing, dear friend, pay attention to your spiritual life; you know I am not a fan of a religion, but I do believe that when you communicate constantly with God in a very personal level, all things will improve.
What if you make some changes taking into account my suggestions and we talk about the results the next time? I am looking forward to knowing  f they become useful for you since my main interest is that you can have a great life.

And don’t worry, I didn’t forget about the emotional dependencies you asked me about, I will write to you about it in the next letter.

Hang in there buddy, I am here for you.

Love,

Diana
Your friend in this side of the world.

No comments: